The PROJAM Annual Bursary Award will recognize tomorrow’s young and upcoming leaders of
Caribbean descent who are preparing themselves to make a valuable contribution to society.
Strong young people will help to build strong communities of tomorrow. Recognition programs
that reward ambition and success are a positive step in that direction. Candidates meeting
certain criteria will qualify for two (2) PROJAM bursaries valued at $1000 each.
Talent and Ambition
In many ways, strong communities will be built by tomorrow’s generation of young people with
the best and brightest minds. The PROJAM Annual Bursary Award will help to identify such
individuals, motivate them and publicize their accomplishment to inspire others.
Let's Take a Look
Think about the young people you know who are currently enrolled in a tertiary institution. Are
they rising stars? Why do you think of them in that way? Are they leaders or potential leaders?
Are they involved in their communities? Are they a ‘B’ average or above student? Can they build
a strong case for nomination?
- Must be between 18 and 25 years old as at December 2013
- Must be of Caribbean immigrant parents or must have emigrated
to Canada between 1990 and present
- Must be enrolled as a first to third year student in a Canadian tertiary institution pursuing
a post secondary education on a full time basis
- Must demonstrate leadership competencies
- Must show community involvement
- Must provide proof of grades
- Apply Online or Download and Complete the entry form
- Two (2) letters of reference to support character and community involvement
- Candidates must submit an essay on one of the following topics (maximum length-1000 words)
- Address one (1) problem with your generation and how it can be solved.
- What makes you more eligible for this bursary than anyone else?
- Write about how your community involvement has impacted your growth
Award recipients will be selected by a panel of judges supported by a PROJAM legal
representative serving as scrutineer. Award recipients will be notified in late fall 2013 to be
presented at our 15th
Annual Christmas Gala, December 7, 2013.
Nominations along with all supporting documents must be received no later than Friday, November 8, 2013
and should be addressed to:
The PROJAM 9th Annual Bursary Award Committee
3395 Wild Cherry Lane,
Mississauga, ON, L5N 7N5
Bursary Award Application